I suppose it’s been a while since I wrote a real update, so . . .
It’s April 1st. I promise this post isn’t full of gags. A few months ago I declared this the Year of Getting Shit Done. Many things have changed since that declaration, and I’ll get to them. First, let me go over what was accomplished from the Whiteboard of Woe.
• ULT: Volume One was released on 2/3/15 as planned.
• Edits for ULT #5 are complete. The story is due for release next week on 4/7/15 and is available now for pre-order in a number of outlets.
• The “next” Geeky Writers broadcast happened on 2/13/15.
• 2014 Sales Recap was posted on 1/16/15. It was a pretty good year.
Here’s what’s still in progress:
• My secret project with Anthony Rapino is still in progress, mainly due to conflicting schedules, illnesses, video games, and semester grading. It’s also something we don’t want to rush, so this one’s going to carry over into Q2.
• The secret Geeky Writers project is almost done, and should be ready in time for our next broadcast in May. Stay tuned.
• 10k words for Monochrome #3 was actually closer to 2k (I know, I know . . .), but it’s better than no words at all.
• Edits for ULT#6. Tentative release is in June.
As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, ULT #6 will be the last entry in that series for a while. I need to get back into the swing of working on that novel. It’s been painful due to multiple distractions and commitments, but I’m getting there.
Aside from that, I’ve had a LOT of things going on. The biggest is . . . I’m buying a house! How crazy is that? This means I’ll probably be MIA for about a week around the middle of May; it also means I’ll have a nicer office with natural light. I’m pretty excited about that.
The move will be disruptive, so the second quarter will be a little scattered in terms of what I want to accomplish, but that won’t stop me from trying.
Here’s what’s on tap for the next three months:
• Throw down a lot of words on Monochrome #3. A LOT.
• Organize the next Geeky Writers broadcast (late May).
• Finish secret Geeky Writers project.
• Work on secret project w/ Rapino.
• Complete ULT#6 edits (release in June).
• Buy House. Move into House. Dig hole in basement for victims.
That’s all I’ve got for now. Don’t forget ULT#5 drops next week!