The galley proof for the ULT hardcover showed up on Friday. It’s beautiful:
But this post isn’t about photos. It’s about announcing details on how to get your hands on this beautiful edition–and what it contains. In fact, Precipice Books already announced it this morning, so I’m just going to copy & paste from there.
Each copy of ULT LE will be signed, numbered, and personalized. The book is 296 pages and contains the following:
- A foreword written by Anthony J. Rapino, author of Reality Engineers and Welcome to Moon Hill.
- The four original ULT stories.
- A separate section titled “Skeletons in my Closet,” which contains an additional twelve stories from Keisling’s archives. These are stories that have been out of print, or in some cases, have never been published before, including Keisling’s award-winning novella, “Migration of the Butterfly.”
- An entire section titled “Story Notes,” in which Keisling discusses the origins behind every story in this volume—even the old stuff.
- “For the Fans,” a special surprise for readers of the Monochrome Trilogy. If you’re following Donovan Candle, you do not want to miss this.
Each book will come with an ULT-themed bookmark and a 4 x 6 print of an ULT Kindle cover design, signed by the author’s wife and designer, Erica Keisling.
Oh, and one more thing: In each book will be a second 4 x 6 card with instructions. What sort of instructions? We’re glad you asked . . .
Each instruction card (lavender-scented, just like Maggie Eloquence from The Harbinger) comes with a password and address to a website set up exclusively for those of you who pre-order this book. On this website you’ll find a ton of extras, including:
- “The Harbinger” in audio book format (and free to download).
- Scans of the editor’s notes.
- Early and unfinished story drafts.
- Concept & design sketches for the covers.
- Early access to the next release in the ULT series–available to you free of charge before it hits Amazon.
We wanted to make the book special to readers, and it’s become a labor of love for everyone involved. As a result, the book will NOT be available through Amazon, B&N, or any other retailer. The only place to order this book is through our pre-order page.
Take note: The pre-orders window will not remain open forever. In fact, it will close on August 16th, and once it closes, we will not be taking any more orders. In other words, only those who order a copy will receive one! This is an exclusive, one-time deal. If only 50 people order, then only 50 copies of this book will ever exist–making the book a true collector’s item for fans of Keisling’s work.
The price for the ULT LE package will be $50 domestic / $65 international. These prices include shipping. Payments will be processed via PayPal until August 16th. After that, the window closes and no more orders will be taken. We’ll place an order with the printer, ship them to Mr. Keisling for signing & personalization, and then he will ship them out to you.
The pre-order window opens on 12:00 AM Wednesday, July 2nd. Bookmark this page and prepare yourself. Things are going to get ugly.
And there you have it. Midnight, July 2nd. We’ve worked very hard to make this book something special for the fans, and I think you won’t be disappointed. Now, I’m going to go back to my cave so I can finish editing the audio for The Harbinger audio book . . .