I originally wanted to record a video blog for today, but between the holidays and gearing up for the ULT release on Friday, I’m afraid time slipped through my fingers.
No worries. I’ll just post here instead. Here’s a recap of 2013, in which I did the following:
- Experienced the joys of the following health-related issues: hiatal hernia, appendicitis, sleep apnea, depression, and oral surgery.
- Turned 30.
- Gained about 15 lbs.
- Wrapped up the TLM promotional blitz with a two week-long blog tour.
- Wrote approximately 60k words of new fiction.
- Had two stories published in separate anthologies.
- Pissed off a bunch of people who really, really love The Shining.
- Started planning, then scrapped, then resumed planning of the final Monochrome book.
- Obtained permission from Henry Rollins to reprint lyrics of one of his songs in the first ULT volume.
- Realized that “free” isn’t the best business model.
- Had a slight breakdown.
- Delayed the release of ULT & changed course for the collection.
- Learned the basics of Adobe InDesign.
- Learned how to make a Kindle book.
- Grew a beard.
- Realized that dieting is bullshit and sucks and I hate it.
- Made some new friends.
I think that covers 2013. It was a year of pain and frustration, and I am not sad to see it go. I need 2014 to be better, and dammit, I’m going to make it better.
So join me, friends, in raising a glass and collectively telling 2013 to fuck right off. Let’s make 2014 better.
Have a happy New Year, folks. Be safe and enjoy!
P.S. One more thing: Be sure and tune in to the Twilight Zone Marathon!