Heads up, folks.
Tomorrow night I’m broadcasting live to YouTube via Google+ Hangouts. What’s the occasion? I’m reading my new story, WHEN KAREN MET HER MOUNTAIN, which is being published by Forgotten Tomb Press in their latest horror anthology, MISERIA’S CHORALE. This is also one of the stories from UGLY LITTLE THINGS, so if you’re itching for some new material, now’s your chance.
Here’s an FAQ I put together for you:
Do I need to RSVP on the Google+ or Facebook Event pages?
- No, but you’ll make me happy if you do. 🙂
Do I have to be a Google+ member?
- No, you do NOT have to be a Google+ member to watch the live stream on YouTube.
Can I join the Google+ hangout?
- Yes! However, if you’re being loud or consistently interrupt me, I may mute you and/or kick you out. This is my party and I’ll kick if I want to.
What’s the new story about? Does it have anything to do with the Monochrome trilogy?
- No, this story has nothing to do with the Monochrome trilogy. It’s way more extreme than what you’re used to seeing from me. Here’s what I posted on the Facebook Event page earlier this week:
What sort of content and/or language should I expect?
- Gore. Extreme violence. Sexual situations (but not explicit). “Bad” language. Religious implications (real Old Testament stuff). Fire raining down from the heavens. Human sacrifice. A thousand years of darkness. Cats and dogs living together. Mass hysteria.
How long will you broadcast?
- The story is approximately 10k words long, which may take me around an hour to read (give or take). I will take about 10 to 15 minutes beforehand to introduce myself, the story, and plug the new anthology before I begin the reading.
Will you do a Q&A afterward?
- Maybe, if enough people are in attendance. The YouTube stream will have a chat bar (but you will need to be logged in to participate). If you join the Hangout, I may also take questions there. Bottom line: If you’re up for it, I’m up for it—but nothing is set in stone.
Are we going to have a good time?
- No. We’re going to have a decidedly bad time.
That’s about it. If you have a question that I didn’t cover, post your comment here and I’ll try to answer as best I can. To recap: Tomorrow night (Friday, 11/15, 9 PM EST). I will post the broadcast links on Facebook / Google+ / and Twitter.
I hope you can make it. I’m looking forward to it!