I was on the fence about doing an “end of year” recap post, mainly because I’ve been really busy this week, focusing my efforts on revising Ch.4 of TLM (which is done, by the way). However, I decided to take a look at what I wrote last year and see if I accomplished what I set out to do.
Let’s see . . .
- ALT certainly did go on sale last January, rising and falling among the Amazon ranks and garnering some awesome reviews. Financially it’s been a failure, but I won’t bitch about that now.
- Aiming for an October publication date for TLM? Yeah, that’s clearly not happening.
- That collection of short stories is on hiatus while I finish TLM. I thought I could juggle both, but trying to promote ALT consumed a lot of my time eventually burned me out. It’s still on my radar, though I doubt it will have as much “new” material as I hoped it would.
- That jog every day? Yeah, that didn’t happen either. I’m going revise that resolution and aim for taking a walk every other day (as time allows).
- Reading a lot of books. Actually, I think I did. Most of them were indies, and all were digital. I’m going to extend this resolution into 2012 because one can never read too many books.
So what about 2012?
My primary goal is the publication of TLM. I want it to be available in print and digital formats before the end of the year. Earlier if possible. That’s what I’m going to shoot for.
Last year I ended on a positive note, wishing you all to make 2011 your year. I hope you did, and I’d like to hear about it. I don’t know if 2011 was my year–it felt like it at times, and other times, not so much–but I’m going to try and make 2012 a little better. You might say I’ll live as though it’s our last year on Earth.
Just kidding. Maybe.
For now, I wish all of you a safe, happy new year. I hope 2012 treats you well.
See you next year,