EDIT: Contest is now closed. No more Twitter button for you!
I’ve resisted the urge to set ALT’s digital price to “free” and see where it takes me. My friend Henry Baum has had great success with it, but personally, I’m a little gun-shy. After putting so much work into it, I feel like $2.99 is a more-than-fair deal.
But for most of the readers out there, I’m an unknown. A risk. $2.99 is more than some folks are willing to spend on a book like mine. Times are tight. I get that.
What, then, would be comparable to $2.99? What could you pay me in exchange for my book?
How about a tweet?
Yes, that’s correct. From now until the end of the November, if you click this button and tweet about ALT, you will get the eBook absolutely free.
When you click, you’ll be linked to your Twitter account and a tweet will be sent. In exchange, you will receive a zip file containing the eBook in PRC and EPUB formats for viewing on a variety of devices including the Kindle and Nook. All DRM-free, all currency-free, and all I ask for in return is a tweet.
But wait! There’s more!
To sweeten the deal, everyone who tweets will be entered into a drawing for a big box of goodies.
Here is what one lucky winner will receive:
- A signed, hardcover copy of A LIFE TRANSPARENT
- A “Who is Donovan Candle?” T-shirt
- A Hook Book Journal (courtesy of Smash Cake Press)
- One $25.00 gift certificate to Sick On Sin
- One Amazon gift card for $30.00 USD
And now for the contest rules.
- Please, no spamming! I can’t stop you from clicking the button as many times as you want, but if I see you aggressively spamming your followers, I will disqualify you from the contest. Remember, you only have to tweet once to be entered.
- Do not delete the hashtag. Your tweet must contain the hashtag. If you delete the hashtag, your tweet will not count as an entry.
- Retweets (or RT) will not count as entries. I appreciate the gesture, but if you want to be entered, you must click the button in this blog entry.
These rules are strict, folks. Let’s keep this fair for everyone.
I will choose the winner using random.org. The deadline for entries is 11:59 PM EST, November 30th.
And that’s it.
I hope you’ll consider participating, and please, tell your friends! If you have any questions, leave a comment here, or send me an email.